The TUFF SHED roof system comes standard with legendary strength and performance. So strong, we’ve parked trucks on top. So well-designed, it provides protection against the elements. So versatile, we can match pitch and shingles to your home. So innovative, the radiant barrier keeps the building up to 30 degrees cooler.
Our proven construction materials and methods are the same ones used in most homes.
- The rafters are precut 2x4s positioned over the wall studs and joined at the center with steel truss plates on both sides. This ensures maximum load capacity and weight distribution.
- Garden Series buildings include 7/16″ osb roof decking, while Premier and Premier PRO Series buildings get upgraded 7/16″ LP ProStruct Roof Decking with SilverTech Radiant Barrier technology.
- All three Series of TUFF SHED factory-direct buildings include #15 roofing felt moisture barrier.
- Garden and Premier Series include 25-Year Owens Corning 3-tab shingles. Premier PRO Series buildings get upgraded Owens Corning Dimensional shingles with a Manufacturer’s Lifetime Warranty.
- All TUFF SHED storage buildings also include a baked enamel formed steel drip edge to protect the edge of the decking from weather and to support the shingles edges from breakage.
- TUFF SHED is a Certified Truss Manufacturer. All of our rafters and trusses are comprised of precision cut dimensional lumber (2×4 or 2×6) and are joined with steel plates.